Checking Account Comparison – Asheville, NC
Learn what to look for when comparing checking accounts and see how First Bank in Asheville, NC stacks up. Before committing to a checking account, it’s important to know what you’re getting yourself into by running a checking account comparison of all the options in your area.
Comparing Checking Accounts in NC: What to Look For
Checking account features, fees, and requirements can vary. When performing a checking account comparison, try looking for a few specific things, such as:
- Demographics—Many checking accounts are designed specifically for certain age groups, such as teens, college students, and senior citizens. These accounts typically offer special features or benefits that other account holders do not receive.
- Fees—A lot of checking accounts charge a monthly fee, but some also offer ways to waive the monthly fee, like using direct deposit or maintaining a minimum monthly balance.
- Mobile banking—You’ll want to look for a checking account that comes with a free mobile banking app if you want to access your account on-the-go from a mobile device.
- Rewards—Some bank checking accounts offer rewards when you use the debit card attached to your account, just like most credit cards.
Compare Checking Accounts in Asheville, North Carolina
First Bank offers five types of personal checking accounts to serve each and every customer’s needs. A thorough checking account comparison consists of everything from convenience factors to hidden fees to assessing your financial needs. Here’s what First Bank’s accounts bring to the table when conducting a checking account comparison.
- Free online and mobile banking. Access your account 24/7 from any location.
- Free online bill payments. Schedule automatic bill payments up to a year in advance.
- Free monthly statements. View up to 28 months of account activity with paper or electronic statements.
- Free ATM withdrawals. Make transactions at First Bank and CashPoints® ATMs at no cost.
- Free account alerts. Stay updated on your account activity by phone, email or text message.
- Ability to avoid monthly fees. All of our checking accounts can stay free of any monthly maintenance fees by simply meeting certain basic requirements such as a minimum balance or regular direct deposits.
- Interest earning. First Bank has two checking accounts that accumulate interest on your balance.
- Free checks. Receive free checks with our Senior Checking and Everywhere Premium accounts.
- Rewards program. Rack up rewards when you register and use your First Bank debit card.
- Convenience. First Bank has 13 locations across Western North Carolina, so it’s easy to find a brand that’s close to home.
- Versatility. With five different checking accounts, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. And if you’re running a business, First Bank in Asheville, NC offers five different business checking account as well. To see a side-by-side checking account comparison of First Bank’s offerings, use our handy chart.
Account holders may avoid the Monthly Maintenance Fee by meeting any of the requirements listed in the Keep it Fee FreeTM section of the account summary table for their account type. Other account service fees may apply as described in the Account Services Fee Schedule available on our website at fees or at your local branch. Eligible personal deposits include checking, savings, Money Market, CD, or IRA. Eligible personal loans do not include residential mortgage loans. Direct deposit defined as external ACH credit. Transfers from other First Bank accounts or deposits made at a branch do not apply. Free ATM network includes First Bank and CashPoints® terminals. Out of network terminal owners may charge a service fee. While First Bank does not charge for mobile banking, your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. The First Bank Digital Banking Apps are available for select mobile and tablet devices. There is no charge from First Bank, but message and data rates may apply. Must enroll in First Bank Online Banking and download the First Bank Digital Banking App from the App Store or Google Play. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.