Compare Checking Accounts at North Carolina Banks
You’re likely already aware of the importance of performing a checking account comparison before making a final decision. It can be difficult to navigate the many options and select the account that offers the most benefits. You should start your comparison by looking at the features you consider most important.
Comparing a Checking Account
Checking account features, fees, and requirements can all be very different. When trying to decide among various account options, try looking for a few specific things, such as:
- Demographics—A lot of checking accounts are designed to meet the needs of certain age groups, such as teens, college students, and senior citizens. These accounts often offer special features or benefits that other account holders do not receive.
- Fees—Many checking accounts charge a monthly fee, but they also often provide ways to waive the monthly fee, like using direct deposit or maintaining a minimum monthly balance.
- Mobile banking—If you like to have access to your accounts through mobile device, you’ll want to look for a checking account that comes with a free mobile banking app.
- Rewards—Just like most credit cards, some bank checking accounts will offer rewards when you use the debit card attached to your account. A few banks offer rewards-earning debit card as well.
Checking Account Comparison at First Bank
If you live in North Carolina and are looking for a checking account that meets all of your needs, visit your local First Bank*. We have more than 70 locations across the Tar Heel state, and we offer a variety of checking accounts that feature benefits, including:
- Free online and mobile banking**
- Rewards points when you register and use your First Bank debit card***
- Ways to keep your account fee free****
- Specialized accounts for college students and seniors over the age of 65
Contact a First Bank Specialist Today
**While First Bank does not charge for mobile banking, your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
***See our Terms and Conditions for complete details on our One Rewards Program. Free ATM network includes First Bank and CashPoints® terminals. Out of network terminal owners may charge a service fee. Loans subject to credit approval.
****Account holders may avoid the Monthly Maintenance Fee by meeting any of the requirements listed in the Keep it Fee Free™ section of the account summary table for their account type. Other account service fees may apply as described in the Account Services Fee Schedule, also available at your local branch.