The perfect tool for those who support their kids in college or if you’re constantly writing checks between your First Bank account and one at another bank, First Bank’s External Transfer option makes it quick and easy to securely transfer funds.
- There’s no fee for inbound transfers of funds to your First Bank account
- For outbound transfers to another financial institution, there’s a fee of $1.50 per transfer
- Transfer up to $5,000 per day, and up to $25,000 per month
Reminder: You must be an owner of both the sending and receiving accounts. This service is for deposit accounts only – transfers to loan payments or pre-paid cards is not available.
How to get started:
To establish a secure connection with the outside account, all it takes is a few clicks. Then you’ll verify micro‑deposits (small amounts of money) that will be temporarily placed in that other account. Once verified, you can use the External Transfer feature as needed.
Here are the detailed step‑by‑step instructions:
- Log in to online banking
- Click Services from the menu, then click Add External Account
- Follow the on-screen prompts, then click Continue
- External Account Authorization page explains how to verify the external account using micro-deposits
- Monitor the external account for two small dollar deposits. These can take up to three days to appear in the external account.
- Once those deposits are there, log in to First Bank online banking
- Click Services from the menu, then click Verify External Account
- Enter the dollar amounts of the deposits and click Continue (confirmation page will be presented)
- The external account is now visible in the drop down menu on the Funds Transfer page
Note: Transfers to or from the external account are not available until the micro deposits have been verified.