partner since 1935.
Community Investments and Outreach
First Bank has long been a committed partner in the many communities it serves across the Carolinas. The following are just some of the investment areas made over the last year:
To ensure equitable access to education.
- Area public schools and community colleges
- Communities in schools
- STEAM programs
- Summer camps
- HBCU and college scholarships
- Literacy programs and book drives
- Boys and Girls Club chapters
To improve the lives of our neighbors in need.
- United Way chapters across the Carolinas
- Habitat for Humanity affiliates as volunteers and with our Habitat Loan Origination Program
- Women’s shelters and organizations
- Food banks and numerous drives
- The American Red Cross
- Partnership for Children and Smart Start
- COVID relief funds, meals for frontline workers, and programs for victims of domestic violence
To promote business and economic growth.
- The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
- Business incubators
- Local community economic development organizations
- Entrepreneurship competitions
- Small business financial education seminars
- Events recognizing local business leaders