We’ll help you finance your dream home.
A fixed-rate mortgage offers a straightforward, predictable monthly payment. Your interest rate—and your total monthly payment of principal and interest—will stay the same for the entire term of the loan. That predictability makes it easier to set your yearly budget.
- You understand your financial needs well.
- You’re looking for a home to stay in for a long time.
- You need to be sure your budget stays consistent.
- Your interest rate and monthly principal and interest (P&I) payments remain the same for the life of your loan.
- Available in a variety of loan term options.
- Predictable monthly P&I payments allow you to budget more easily.
- Protection from rising interest rates for the life of the loan, no matter how high interest rates go.
- May be a good choice if you plan to stay in your home for a long time.
- The overall interest you pay is higher on a longer-term loan than on a shorter-term loan.
- On a shorter-term loan, the monthly P&I payment is typically higher than on a longer-term loan.
- Small extra principal payments every month will shorten the term of your loan and build equity faster.
30-year Fixed-rate MortgageThe 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is one of the most popular mortgages. Many people like the fixed interest rate and lower monthly payments. But since the term of the loan is long, you’ll pay more interest over the life of the loan than you would on a shorter-term mortgage, and you’ll build equity more slowly.
20-year Fixed-rate MortgageA 20-year fixed-rate mortgage helps you pay off your home faster and build equity more quickly than longer-term fixed-rate mortgages. This type of mortgage generally has a lower interest rate than longer-term home loans but higher monthly payments.
15-year Fixed-rate MortgageYou generally pay a lower interest rate with a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage than you would for longer-term fixed-rate mortgage loans. You will pay less interest than you would with a longer-term loan and build equity more quickly. However, your monthly payments will be higher for a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage than they would be on a longer-term mortgage.
Applying for a First Bank mortgage is fast, easy and secure. Before you begin, have the following information on hand.
Loans are subject to credit approval.
For a $200,000 mortgage loan for a term of:
- 30 years fixed interest rate of 4.75%, with an APR of 4.906%, the monthly payment would be $1,043.29.
- 15 years fixed interest rate of 4.125%, with an APR of 4.391%, the monthly payment would be $1,491.94.
Based on 20% down payment and 1% Origination Fee. Payment does not include taxes and insurance premiums. The actual payment amount will be greater. These payments are based on recent interest rates and can vary based on individual credit.