The Benefits of Checking Accounts with Online Access
Out of all the factors that tend to influence our decisions regarding financial management, levels of convenience tend to play a heavier role than others. For that reason, online tools, such as access to checking accounts online, have increased in popularity since they were first introduced.
First Bank offers online personal banking, including access to checking accounts* to fit your wants and needs.
How Do Access My Checking Account Online?
In the past, checking accounts didn’t come with many extra benefits or features. They were simply used to deposit and withdraw your money. However, that is now changing thanks to online banking.
Access to your checking account online can come in two forms:
- Through an established bank with a physical presence
- Through online-only banks with no physical branches
Benefits of Checking Accounts with Online Access
- Flexible access — Convenient banking services can’t be emphasized enough. Online banking means access to services 24/7 from any location and on any web-enabled device. First Bank checking accounts offer online and mobile app** access with all checking accounts.
- Tracking and monitoring — Keep track of how much you’re spending and saving easily. Set alerts to stay on top of all activities related to your account.
- Streamlined financial management —
- View your account transactions online
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Monitor your budget
- Pay bills online
- Deposit checks remotely from any web-enabled device
While online banks usually have fewer fees, they also tend to have more basic account offerings. If you do decide to open an account with an online bank, it’s also important to consider these two questions.
- How good is their customer service? Is a call-center your only option? Or can you speak with someone in-person? Having the option of speaking with a representative in-person can be a real advantage, especially if an issue is particularly complex.
- Is your account really secure? Security issues in online banking aren’t generally from the secure bank sites, but from the clients themselves. Clients have to be extra cautious when it comes to their web browsers or phone apps. If they aren’t properly password-protected or encrypted, they could potentially be hacked or infected by malware. Still, check the bank’s online privacy and fraud policy for your own peace of mind.
Online banking certainly has its perks, but when combined with in-person services as well, you really have the best of both worlds. With First Bank you get it all. We provide the quality service and personal touch you’d expect of a local community bank, with all the perks of online banking. We put your interests first, not the other way around.
With our variety of online checking accounts for both personal and business banking, we’re confident that you’ll find the best fit for your financial needs among our options. Contact your local branch for more information, or click here to apply for an online checking account today.
**The First Bank Digital Banking Apps are available for select mobile and tablet devices. There is no charge from First Bank, but message and data rates may apply. Customers must enroll in First Bank Online Banking and download the First Bank Digital Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.