Loan for New Roof – Aberdeen, NC
North Carolina experiences all kinds of weather throughout the year. What you may not know is that a lot of extreme North Carolina weather happens in and around the 6.2 square miles that make up the city of Aberdeen.
Aberdeen has gone through floods, ice storms, and droughts, with the risk of tornado damage in Aberdeen being much higher than the overall North Carolina average. Extreme weather can affect a lot of things, like your landscaping and home. If extreme weather in Aberdeen has affected your roof, come to First Bank and ask about securing a loan for a new one.
When Should I Take Out A Loan To Replace My Roof?
If you’re not sure if you need a loan for a new roof or just a few repairs, look for these seven signs:
- Roof age — A typical roof will last between 20 and 25 years. Depending on whether the old roof was removed and if it is properly ventilated, you will only have one layer of shingles.
- Curling and buckling of shingles — If your shingles are curling and losing granules, it could mean they are old and need to be replaced.
- Valleys — If your shingles are falling apart or missing in the valleys of your roof, it is probably time for a new one. Snow and rain flow through valleys and into gutters, and if the valley is damaged you could be susceptible to leaks.
- Missing shingles — Missing shingles could be a sign that your roof is falling. Check to see if all of the “tabs” are intact.
- Chimney flashing — If your flashing is made out of roof cement or tar, it may need to be replaced with a water-tight metal flashing system.
- Shingle granules in the gutters — Pay attention to the debris in your gutters. If your gutters are filled with shingle granules, it could be time to replace your roof. Roofs tend to lose more granules when they reach their life-expectancy.
- Daylight through the roof boards — Check to see if you see any daylight coming through the roof boards in your attic, or if there is moisture in the insulation.
Visit First Bank Today
If you’re noticing any roof problems, it’s probably time to head to First Bank. Visit our Aberdeen branch located at 105 South Sandhills Boulevard and speak with a loan expert about getting a loan for your new roof today.
Loans subject to credit approval.