Small Business Loan Requirements in North Carolina
Small business loan requirements in North Carolina can vary from one year to the next, from one lending institution to the next and simply from one case to the next. There are however, a lot of common myths about small business loan requirements that are worth debunking. Here are 10 common myths about small business loan requirements and the real truth behind them.
Top Ten Business Loan Myths
- Small business loans are only for new businesses. Fact: At places like First Bank, business loans can be used for expansion or remodeling, purchasing new equipment or vehicles or refinancing.*
- It costs money to even just meet with a loan consultant. Fact: This might be true at some places but First Bank offers free small business financial consultations. Sign up for one in just minutes.
- You need a near-perfect credit history to obtain a small business loan. Fact: While your credit history will always be considered when applying for any type of loan, a less-than-ideal credit score does not mean you can’t get a loan with a solid business plan in place.
- A small bank will charge higher interest rates. Fact: Not at First Bank. Our business loan rates are competitive against any size bank.
- Local banks have fewer loan options than national banks. Fact: Actually, First Bank offers credit lines, business credit cards*, and commercial mortgages in addition to traditional business loans.
- You need to have a building to house your business in order to get a small business loan. Fact: Not so. In fact, not having a physical location reduces your overhead costs and therefore can actually improve your chances of getting a loan.
- The terms associated with small business loans are strict and cemented in stone. Fact: First Bank’s terms are flexible and customized for each individual case.
- The economy doesn’t rely on small businesses. Fact: Small businesses are a huge component of both local and national economies thanks to a number of factors.
- It’s hard to find a bank that offers small business loans. Fact: There are more than 100 First Bank locations throughout North Carolina so wherever you are located, we’re not far from you.
- Local banks can’t help you manage your business. Fact: In addition to providing loans, First Bank has a wide selection of business services such as payment processing, check collection, payroll distribution and more.
To find out about small business loan requirements at First Bank, simply contact your nearest North Carolina branch location today.
*Loans subject to credit approval. See our Terms and Conditions for complete details on our One Rewards Program. MasterCard, Debit MasterCard and the MasterCard brand marks are trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.Loans subject to credit approval.