Lowest Mortgage Rates High Point NC
Getting the lowest mortgage rate in High Point, North Carolina involves more than just shopping around. First, you need to know how to shop for the best rate.
Shopping for Lowest Mortgage Rate in High Point, NC
There are several things you should keep in mind when shopping for a mortgage rate:
- Pick a closing date. Mortgage rates are affected by the size of the timeframe allotted for closing the deal. Ask lenders about different closing dates and follow the pattern toward lower rates.
- Investigate the fees. The lowest advertised mortgage rate is not always the lowest mortgage rate. There are additional fees associated with mortgage rates and it’s important to do some due diligence to uncover the true cost of the loan.
- Do a controlled experiment. Mortgage rates can fluctuate day-to-day so try to talk to different lenders on the same day to get a true feel for the difference in price.
- Pay off that card. Most people carry a balance on their credit card but having a balance can negatively affect your mortgage rate. Pay off your credit card prior to having any lenders run a credit check.
- Show them the money. Perhaps the biggest deciding factor when granting loans is the size of the down payment.
- Forecast your future. How long do you plan to live in the home? Different mortgages are structured in different ways and getting the some of the best rates can depend on how long you plan to live there.
Visit Your Local First Bank
The First Bank located on North Main Street in High Point, NC has a number of different resources available for anyone seeking some of the lowest mortgage rates. We have a collection of informational articles on mortgages, mortgage experts that offer free consultation, a mortgage calculator and more. Stop by your local First Bank today and get the lowest mortgage rate possible.