Best Student Checking Accounts – Wilmington NC
First Bank in Wilmington, NC, offers a student checking account designed with college students in mind. With one major university, two private colleges, and a community college, there’s no shortage of individuals wanting to know where they can get a student checking account.
With several locations in town, First Bank is ready to assist you with setting up your student checking account.
What is a No Fee Campus Checking Account?
“A no fee student checking account is a checking account designed specifically for college students that doesn’t charge monthly maintenance fees as long as you meet certain monthly requirements.”
First Bank offers a no-fee student checking account called Campus Checking, and it is specifically designed for students headed to college and enrolled college students between ages 16 and 25. The service-friendly account offers:
- Free ATM transactions.* Enjoy access to First Bank ATM terminals with 8 out-of-network ATM transactions and no First Bank fee. You can use your First Bank debit card at thousands of ATMs all over the world.
- Free online and mobile banking.** In addition to mobile check deposits, enjoy for 24-hour access to your account from your computer or mobile device. You can view your account details at any time from any location, or transfer funds between other First Bank checking accounts.
- No monthly maintenance fees. With Campus Checking, you won’t have to maintain a minimum balance to remain free of any monthly fees.
- Free online bill pay. You can set up automatic payments up to a year in advance or simply use a couple clicks of the mouse to pay bills manually.
- Free electronic or paper monthly statements. View up to 28 months of account transactions.
- A First Bank debit card with rewards.*** Register your card to earn rewards that can be redeemed for travel, retail, dining and more.
- Free alerts by email, text message or phone call to notify you of account activity. Keep track of processed transactions, approaching due dates for bills, and when your balance is above or below a specified amount and more.
Managing Your Money Starts Well Before the Classroom
At First Bank in Wilmington, NC, you don’t have to wait until your first biology lecture to start managing your money. We offer a savings account for children under the age of 18 to begin putting away money for college right away. Once you arrive on campus in Wilmington, NC, you can transfer your money into First Bank’s student checking account.
The Best Student Checking Accounts
Before you get settled into your dorm, visit the nearest Wilmington First Bank location to set up your student checking account.
|Distance From Nearest First Bank|
|Cape Fear Community College||0.5 miles|
|Mount Olive College at Wilmington||2.1 miles|
|Miller-Motte College||3.7 miles|
For more information about First Bank, check out our related articles: Student Options, Find the Best Bank for a Student Checking Account, Hassle-Free Student Checking Account – Wilmington, NC, or Best Checking Accounts – Wilmington, NC.
*Account holders may avoid the Monthly Maintenance Fee by meeting any of the requirements listed in the Keep it Fee Free™ section of the account summary table for their account type. Other account service fees may apply as described in the Account Services Fee Schedule, also available at your local branch. While First Bank does not charge for mobile banking, your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
**While First Bank does not charge for mobile banking, your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. The First Bank Digital Banking Apps are available for select mobile and tablet devices. There is no charge from First Bank, but message and data rates may apply. Must enroll in First Bank Online Banking and download the First Bank Digital Banking App from the App Store or Google Play. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
***See our Terms and Conditions for complete details on our One Rewards Program. Loans subject to credit approval.