Open a Triangle Business Checking Account
If you live in Raleigh, Durham, or other part of the North Carolina Triangle, you’ve seen the area’s growth firsthand. The Triangle Business Journal reported in 2018 that Raleigh and Durham’s Gross Metropolitan Product (GMP) rates increased 33% and 14.8% in five years, respectively.
It’s no secret that many are moving to North Carolina for business opportunities. First Bank is the largest community bank headquartered in North Carolina and provides local entrepreneurs with the Triangle business checking accounts and other business banking solutions.
If you would like to speak to the knowledgeable staff at First Bank about our business checking accounts, visit us at your nearest location to set up a free financial consultation.
Compare Our Business Checking Accounts
First Bank currently offers five business checking accounts for Triangle-area business owners:
- Business Essentials
- Business Interest
- Business Advantage
- Community Checking
- Commercial Analysis
Read more about each option below and see what could be the best fit for your business.
Best for: Small businesses with basic banking needs
The Business Essentials checking account has all the necessary features for growing a new business, offering convenience and simplicity. This account features:
- 250 free transactions per month1
- Up to $10,000 cash deposits at no charge2
- Online bill pay and mobile banking3
- Cash Rewards with your First Bank debit card when you enroll in the One Rewards Program
- Fee Free™ when you maintain a $1,000 minimum balance or average collected balance of $2,000*
- Free 24-hour telephone banking
- Free eStatements or paper statements
- Account alerts
To open a Business Essentials account at First Bank, stop by your nearest location.
Best for: Businesses with high balances that want a checking account with interest
First Bank’s Business Interest checking account has all the features of Business Essentials, but you get more out of your earnings through interest. Interest is paid as long as the minimum balance is maintained.
The other difference between this Triangle business checking account and Business Essentials is the Fee Free™ requirements. To avoid a $15 maintenance fee, maintain a $2,000 minimum balance or average collected balance of $4,000 during each statement cycle.*
Best for: Businesses with higher transaction volume
Compared to Business Essentials and Business Interest, our Business Advantage checking account provides a higher number of free transactions and cash deposit amounts each month. This account also features:
- 500 free transactions each month1
- Up to $25,000 cash deposits at no charge2
- Free 24-hour telephone banking
- Free eStatements or paper statements
- Online bill pay
- Cash Rewards with your First Bank debit card after you enroll in the One Rewards Program
- Online and mobile banking3
- Account alerts via email, text, or phone
You can avoid the $25 maintenance fee and keep this account Fee Free™ through one of these options:*
- Maintaining a $3,000 minimum balance
- Maintaining an average balance of $6,000
- Maintaining a combined balance of $50,000 in personal or business deposits
- Having outstanding personal loan, HELOC, or business loan balances4
One of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives can open your account when you visit one of our Triangle-area First Bank locations.
Best for: Small nonprofits or organizations
First Bank’s Community Checking account is a great solution for organizations that need lost-cost, flexible banking services. Enjoy minimal requirements while still taking advantage of all our other checking account features. For example:
- No balance requirements
- Minimum of $100 to open
- 50 free transactions per month1
- Up to $2,000 cash deposits at no charge2
- Online and mobile banking, including online bill pay and eStatements3
- Cash Rewards when you enroll your First Bank debit card in our One Rewards Program
- No monthly maintenance fee—avoid other fees by making fewer than 50 transactions and cash deposits of $2,000 or less*
Let our professionals make banking easy and take the burden off your team. Visit First Bank and open your new Triangle business checking account today.
Best for: Businesses with high transaction volumes that need comprehensive treasury management services
The Commercial Analysis business checking account is designed for large businesses with more complex banking needs. Account features include the following:
- Offset monthly service fees through a monthly credit earned on your balances
- Online and mobile banking, including free eStatements3
- Account alerts
- Cash rewards through our One Rewards Program when you enroll and use your First Bank debit card
To learn more about this custom banking account option, come by a First Bank location and schedule a free consultation.
See First Bank’s business checking account chart to compare your options.
Additional Business Banking Services at First Bank
Along with our Triangle business checking accounts, there are many other banking services First Bank provides to businesses in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding areas. When you talk to one of our representatives about opening your checking account, ask them about our additional business banking solutions.
Business Savings Accounts
Our three business savings accounts offer ways for your business to put aside funds and earn interest.
- Business Savings—Our essential business savings account
- Money Market Account—Long-term savings with higher interest earnings
- CDs—Offering fixed rates, the longer the term, the higher the interest
Business Credit Cards with Rewards
The First Bank Business World Elite Credit Card with Rewards gives your business a secure, convenient way to make daily and monthly purchases.
When you enroll your credit card in our One Rewards Program, earn 1.25 points for every dollar spent on qualified purchases, such as travel, entertainment, supplies, marketing events, and professional development. If you have a debit card through one of our checking accounts, you can combine your credit card rewards points.
Other business card credit benefits include:
- Security benefits, including zero liability for unauthorized purchases
- Convenience benefits, such as mobile wallet and year-end account summaries
- Shopping benefits, including extended warranties and coverage for purchased items
- Travel benefits, such as travel assistance and rental car insurance
In addition to our business credit card, First Bank offers a variety of business loans with competitive rates and flexible terms to help grow your business. Whether you’re looking for cash to get your small business off the ground or the funds to acquire another organization, we have options for every size business.
Our business loan options include:
- Small Business Administration (SBA) loans—Our team of SBA loan specialists can structure a loan that fit the needs of your small business.
- Lines of credit—Get quick access to cash, then repay and reuse your credit line as needed.
- Conventional business loans—Receive an immediate lump-sum of cash for long-term financing.
- Commercial mortgages—Our real estate specialists are experts in the local market and industry, assisting you every step of the way as you take out a loan for a new space or remodeling project.
We make processing credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, and electronic checks easy for your business. Through our merchant services, you can benefit by:
- Expanding your customer base
- Boosting your bottom line
- Improving revenue capture
- Reducing payment risk
- Increase efficiencies
- Creating purchase mobility
Try our payment processing and management services, reconciliation and reporting services, or check collections services to complement your Triangle business checking account.
First Bank offers customized Treasury Services that streamline your business and improve efficiency, including:
- Deposit services and receivables—Reconciliation and reporting, remote deposit capture, check and ACH positive pay, collections and drafts, lockbox services, and zero balance accounts
- Online and mobile banking for cash management—Everywhere electronic payments, electronic tax payments, mobile banking and authorization, balance reporting, wire transfers, and stop payments
- Payroll processing—Payroll direct deposit services and payroll cards
To add on these services with your checking account for your Triangle-area business, visit your local Wake County First Bank branch.
Why First Bank?
We understand that you take your business seriously and need a bank that can support growth and offer the solutions you need. In addition to our business checking accounts, business owners across the Triangle enjoy working with First Bank for the following reasons.
- First Bank was named one of the 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the world by Fortune and one of the Best In-State Banks in North Carolina by Forbes.
- We understand and know the area’s industry and market because we’re local to the Triangle and state as a whole.
- As a community bank, we are small enough to know you like a neighbor but still provide all the services that larger banks offer.
- We’re invested in your financial well-being and help you build and achieve your personal and business goals.
- We’re driven by customer service, not sales, and have your best interest in mind.
First Bank Triangle-Area Locations
First Bank has several branches throughout the Triangle. Visit your nearest location to speak to one of our representatives about opening a business checking account.
First Bank – Raleigh
3110 Edwards Mill Road
Raleigh, NC 27612
Closed 1-2pm daily
First Bank’s Raleigh location is south of Crabtree Valley Mall
and just north of Duraleigh Road.
First Bank – Apex
402 East Williams Street
P.O. Box 219
Apex, NC 27502
Drive-Thru opens at 8:30am Monday-Friday
First Bank in Apex is located near Apex Middle School.
First Bank – Fuquay Varina
135 North Main St.
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Drive-Thru opens at 8:30am Monday-Friday
Our Fuquay-Varina location is at the corner
of West Jones Street and North Main Street.
NC Triangle Business Facts
- Small businesses employ 44.3% of North Carolina workers.
- North Carolina unemployment rate was 3.6% as of December 2018.
- In 2016, North Carolina lending institutions issued 153,793 loans under $100,000 for a total of $2.5 billion.
- With 38,591 employees, Duke University and Health System is the largest employer in Wake County.
- As of 2018, North Carolina is the ninth most populous state in the country, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Wake County’s population hit one million in 2014. Since then, data shows that 62 people move to the county every day.
Open a Business Checking Account in the Triangle
First Bank is ready to partner with your business as you grow and expand. Take the important step of opening a business checking account with First Bank. With our numerous options, there is a fit for every type of business in the NC Triangle area.
To get started, visit your nearest First Bank location for a free financial consultation.
Read more from First Bank: Raleigh Small Business Loans, Small Business Credit Card Comparison, What is Required to Open a Business Checking Account
Loans subject to credit approval. Rewards program requires free enrollment in each program. Rewards are based upon qualifying purchases as defined in the terms of each program. Click for additional information.
*Account holders may avoid the Monthly Maintenance Fee by meeting any of the requirements listed in the Keep if Fee Free™ section of the account summary table for their account type. Other account service fees may apply as described in the Account Services Fee Schedule, which is also available at your local branch.
1 A transaction is defined as any checks paid, deposits, each deposited item, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, online and telephone funds transfers, and ACH debits and credits. There is a fee of $0.40 per item for each item in excess of 250 per statement cycle (or month).
2 A fee of $0.18 per $100 on all additional cash deposits.
3 While First Bank does not charge for mobile banking, your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
4 Eligible personal or business deposits include checking, savings, Money Market, CD or IRA. Eligible personal loans do not include residential mortgage loans.
Triangle Business Journal: https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/09/19/us-metros-experiencing-fastest-economic-growth.html
Winston-Salem Journal: https://www.journalnow.com/news/local/n-c-remains-top-for-people-relocating-within-the-united/article_67e22098-2fe0-5efa-8bfb-e654a55f5a73.html
SBA Office of Advocacy: https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/advocacy/2018-Small-Business-Profiles-NC.pdf
Triad Business Journal: https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2019/01/21/n-c-unemployment-rate-unchanged-as-national-rate.html
Raleigh Chamber of Commerce: https://www.raleighchamber.org/major-employers.html
U.S. Census Bureau: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2018/estimates-national-state.html