Digital Banking System Requirements
The following are the minimum system requirements for a user to access our digital banking experiences. Any browser or device software that does not appear below could result in poor customer experience.
For your security and convenience, digital banking has been optimized to work with the latest devices and operating systems. To utilize the services, you must have:
- Valid email address and phone number.
- Standard PC or Macintosh (at least 1-GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM)
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provides anti-virus and spyware protection.
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 or Mac OS X.
- Cable, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), or Integrated Services for Digital Network (ISDN) Internet connection. Connection should have a minimum 1Mbps download speed. (Dial-up connections are not supported.)
Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and XP-compatible Internet Explorer (IE) in April 2014, including security updates. XP users who do not upgrade their operating systems should replace IE with Google Chrome™ for an up-to-date, secure internet browser. Q2 will end support for Internet Explorer in April 2020. After this date users may be blocked from accessing online banking through IE11.
Note: Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Q2online is HTTPS-encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses.
Online Banking – Browsers
- Google Chrome (Current and previous 2 versions)
- Microsoft Edge (Current and previous version)
- Safari (Current and previous 2 versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (Current and previous 2 versions)
Mobile/Tablet Banking – Android OS
- 5.X and later
Mobile/Tablet Banking – Apple iOS
- iOS 12.x, iOS 13.x
Minimally Compatible Version (may look odd in some instances)
- iOS 11.x
The following mobile operating systems are not compatible with First Bank’s Mobile Banking:
- Windows Phone
- Kindle Fire
Mobile Deposit Requirements
A mobile device with a 5 megapixel (or greater) rear-facing camera is required to deposit checks using First Bank’s Mobile Banking.
Fingerprint Login/Touch ID Requirements
Fingerprint Login is currently only available for login authentication on eligible Android devices. This is a free feature, pending the following operating system, hardware, and release requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 or higher
- Nexus 7 or newer
- Google Pixel first generation or newer
- End user registration with Fingerprint at the device level
Touch Authentication is currently only available for login authentication on eligible Apple iOS devices. This is a free feature, pending the following operating system, hardware, and release requirements:
- iOS 11 or higher
- iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus or newer
- Latest generation iPad with Touch ID sensor
- End user registration with Touch ID at the device level