Official Rules and terms: First Bank’s “Dream is Do It Contest”
By entering the “Dream It Do It Contest” (“Contest”) you agree to abide by these Contest official rules (“Official Rules”) and any terms and conditions referenced therein.
This Contest is sponsored solely by First Bank (“Sponsor”), 300 SW Broad St., Southern Pines, NC 28387. Media outlets used for advertising of this contest are promotional partners only and have no responsibility for the administration of the contest, prize fulfillment or any related obligations. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or any other social media site.
You must be 18 years of age or over to enter the contest.
You do not need to be a First Bank client to enter. However, the contest is only open to legal residents of NORTH CAROLINA OR SOUTH CAROLINA.
The following individuals are not eligible to win: employees of First Bank and its affiliates; the supporting partner companies involved indirectly or directly with any contest work or promotion, including all of their employees (“Contest Parties”); and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, in-law and spouse or “step” of each) of, and those living in the same households as, each such individual listed above. Contest is void where prohibited.
Businesses are not eligible to win. Prizes will be awarded to individuals only.
Eligible individuals may enter the Contest by creating and submitting an entry that describes their dreams at localfirstbank.com/dreamitdoit, OR by creating and submitting a write‑in entry that describes their dreams (See ENTRY below for details).
Creativity is encouraged and entrants are welcome to share their entry on social media with the hashtag #dreamitdoit. A committee comprised of select First Bank employees and a different local non‑profit each quarter will choose up to three winners per quarter of the Contest Period (see Contest Period, below) among the entries received throughout the contest.
In total, First Bank will give away $25,000 per quarter, in respective amounts to be determined by the selection committee, to winners from anywhere in North Carolina or South Carolina that are chosen in partnership with a local non‑profit.
Odds of winning the prizes depend on total number of entries received during the Contest Period.
NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Contest Period begins at 12 pm (Noon) ET on Friday, March 31, 2017, and ends at 12 am (Midnight) ET on the evening of Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Selection of Winners
The winner will be selected on or around the following dates:
- Up to 3 winners from all entries received: Friday, June 30, 2017
- Up to 3 winners from all entries received: Monday, October 2, 2017
- Up to 3 winners from all entries received: Friday, January 5, 2018
- Up to 3 winners from all entries received: Friday, April 6, 2018
An entry should explain the entrant’s dream achievement or goal. Additionally, the entry form must be completed in full and requires an entrant’s name, email address, city, state, phone number, and acknowledgment and acceptance of the Contest Rules.
No financial information will be requested (account number, social security number, password or other identifying information not listed above).
There are three ways to enter during the Contest Period:
- Online via localfirstbank.com/dreamitdoit
- On paper and submitted at a First Bank branch
- On paper and sent through the mail to First Bank’s Dream It Do It Contest Committee, 402 E Williams St., Apex, NC 27502. All entries received by mail must be postmarked no later than midnight ET on April 1, 2018 in order to be valid.
All entries must adhere to the Entry Requirements and Entry Restrictions, specified below.
- You may only submit one entry per household. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. If Entry Requirements are not met, Entry will be disqualified.
- Entries must be in English, must be original, and must not infringe on third‑party rights.
- Entries must be received by Midnight ET on April 1, 2018. Once the entry form is completed and the Entry is uploaded, it is final and may not be modified, supplemented or edited.
- Submission of an Entry is also subject to Entry Restrictions and the terms set by the respective platform of entry (web, in branch, or by mail).
All entries must adhere to the Entry Requirements and Entry Restrictions, specified below.
- Content may not be sexually explicit or suggestive; dangerous; violent; or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; or contain nudity. Sponsor’s determination of what constitutes said conditions shall be final.
- Content may not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message. Sponsor’s determination of what constitutes said conditions shall be final.
- Content may not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other people, products or companies.
- Content may not itself be in violation of any law.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries, nor responsible for any Entry not actually received due to improper transmission. Similarly, Sponsor does not have any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry.
- No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email or mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non‑human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Winner Notification and Acceptance
The Winners will be notified approximately two weeks after selection as outlined and dated above. The winners must respond to Sponsor’s notification by phone or email within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond to Sponsor’s notification may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. The Prizes will be available within a month of notification and acceptance. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prize is non‑assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winners.
Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation on the Internet, or for further compensation.
Approved entries will be posted to First Bank’s #dreamitdoit website and may be posted to other First Bank and the nonprofit partner websites, social media sites and used for marketing purposes. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant’s likeness or statements.
First Bank may use entrants’ collected email address to send emails and surveys for marketing purposes. First Bank will not share any data captured during registration except the entrant’s dream information with the judging committee, which will include a non‑profit partner.
Use of the Website, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram is at user’s own risk. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co‑branders or other partners and any of their employees and any social media site from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
Up to three (3) prizes will be awarded during each quarter of the Contest Period, totaling a maximum of $25,000 per quarter, to make the Winners’ dreams a reality. Funds will be deposited into a First Bank account.
By accepting a prize, Winners agree that the Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, or the acceptance or use of any prize. The Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism or any other condition beyond their control.
The value of any prize awarded to a Winner must be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each Winner will receive a W‑9 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each Winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number before any prize will be awarded. No substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non‑transferable.
For a list of Winners, visit localfirstbank.com/dreamitdoit or send a self‑addressed, stamped #10 envelope to First Bank’s Dream It Do It Contest Committee, 402 E Williams St., Apex, NC 27502 after Monday, April 9, 2018.