10 “Life Hacks” That Will Save You Money
When you’re living a budget-conscious lifestyle, you often focus on the big costs such as power bills, gas, and groceries.
However, there are also many small things you can do to help yourself cut costs and get the most out of your purchases.
We’ve compiled a handy list of these “life hacks” below. Some of these solutions may only lead to small savings, but as any financially savvy person will tell you, it’s the “little savings” that add up to help you reach your greater goals.
- Don’t throw away your old, scratched CDs and DVDs. There’s an easy way to fix them and all it takes is a banana. That’s right; the fruit you bought for lunch this week can also be rubbed on a disk to repair minor damages. You can extend the life of the product and you won’t need to worry about skips during your favorite movie anymore.
- Have you compared flights online and watched the rates climb every time you log on? Many websites that see you return more than once will raise their prices. To prevent this from happening, use the “incognito mode” on your internet browser.
- If you need to freshen up your home on the cheap, don’t buy expensive air fresheners. Instead, simply tie dryer sheets to the front of an enclosed fan and enjoy the sweet scents.
- Get the most out of your little products. You can extend the life of batteries, hosiery, and candles by storing them in the freezer.
- Enjoy food products longer by keeping your refrigerator organized the right way. For example, milk shouldn’t be kept on the door because the temperature often fluctuates.
- Stop wasting coffee and create a “cup clock” for the office kitchen. It helps your coworkers know when to pour themselves a cup and when to brew a new pot.
- Save time and energy by cooking two bowls in the microwave at once. Use a glass to raise one bowl and they will both cook evenly.
- Naturally clean your bathroom by using a lemon half to erase water stains. You’ll save on cleaning chemicals and your shower will smell great.
- Use a vinegar solution to make your berries last longer.
- If you get paint on your clothes, don’t fret! Instead of throwing the shirt away, use some olive oil and scrub out the stain.
Do you know any other great money-saving tips or life hacks? Share your ideas on our Facebook page!