Best Bank for Checking Account – Jacksonville, NC
If you’re looking for the best bank for checking accounts in Jacksonville, NC, it might look a lot like the First Bank’s located on New Bridge Street and Western Blvd.
Behind the diversity, convenience and flexibility of our accounts, First Bank strives to be the best bank for checking accounts in Jacksonville, NC and beyond.
First Bank of North Carolina Offers Diverse Checking Account Options
- Selection. First Bank has five types of personal checking and four levels of business checking accounts to provide something for everyone.
- Interest-earning accounts. We have two checking accounts that will garner interest on a minimal balance.
- Demographically-catered accounts. College students under the age of 25 and senior citizens over 55 will find special checking accounts structured specifically for their needs.
- Ability to avoid monthly fees. All of our checking accounts can be maintained free of any monthly maintenance fees by meeting requirements such as a minimum balance, an average collected balance or making direct deposits.
- Online capabilities. Access your funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any location to make deposits, transfers or purchases from a home computer, laptop, tablet or even a mobile phone. Set up bills to be paid automatically up to a year in advance.
- Debit card benefits. Use your First Bank debit card free of First Bank charges at CashPoints ATMs. Our Campus Checking account allows for eight out-of-network transactions per month with no First Bank fees, while Everywhere Premium gives you the freedom of unlimited such transactions with no First Bank charges. Using your First Bank debit card to make qualified purchases earns you points through our rewards program when you register your card.
- Great communication. Free monthly paper or electronic statements showing up to 28 months worth of account activity. Receive free alert notifications via phone call, text message or email to stay in the know about your account activity.
Business Open Checking Account | Jacksonville, NC
Business owners looking for the best bank for a checking account in Jacksonville, NC can find everything they need at First Bank. Choose from one of our five business checking accounts:
- Business Essentials — Great for small businesses, this account was named one of 2019’s “Best Bank Accounts for Small Businesses” by Wallet Hub.
- Community Checking — The ideal account for nonprofit organizations.
- Business Interest — This interest earning account allows you to get more bang for your buck.
- Business Advantage — Make up to 500 transactions per month and up to $25,000 of cash deposits each month.*
- Commercial Analysis — This account can be customized for large businesses with big needs. Earn credits to offset fees.
The best business checking accounts in Jacksonville, NC don’t come without perks. Business Essentials, Business Interest, and Business Advantage all come complete with online and mobile banking, online bill pay, 24-hour telephone banking, account alerts via phone, text or email and paper or electronic statements. With a First Bank debit card you gain access to a rewards program for registered card holders and use of CashPoints ATMs with no First Bank fee.*
Get a closer peek at what the best bank for checking accounts in Jacksonville, NC, looks like.
Account holders may avoid the Monthly Maintenance Fee by meeting any of the requirements listed in the Keep it Fee FreeTM section of the account summary table for their account type. Other account service fees may apply as described in the Account Services Fee Schedule available on our website at fees or at your local branch. Eligible personal deposits include checking, savings, Money Market, CD, or IRA. Eligible personal loans do not include residential mortgage loans. Direct deposit defined as external ACH credit. Transfers from other First Bank accounts or deposits made at a branch do not apply.